Today was a good day to finish a few projects that have been piling on my cutting table. This is a tablerunner made from leftover strips. It will actually live on a hutch for now.
This is the tablerunner I started in October at the annual Sunapee gathering for sewing friends. I saw the pattern in the newest issue of Stitch and just couldn't resist! Never that easy though...
Here is the original photo and the pattern sheet. Now, my tablerunner is quilt a bit larger than it should be because I had to add 3 wedges to each arc to make it square at the bottom. The wedge template on the pattern page was wrong, so if you make a template, use the wedges from the curved arch to make it, not the separate one they have. It's not shown in this picture, but it's on the pattern sheet. You can see the two different templates I made, the one on the left is the one on the pattern sheet and the one on the right would have made the arcs correctly. Just remember to add seam allowances..
Having explained the error (hopefully the fix), must add that I really love the way mine came out, and I'm glad it's bigger.